Friday, December 21, 2007

My Favorite Asianovelas















Meteor Garden paved the way of several Asianovelas conquering the Philippine TV today. They coined the word Asianovelas - pertaining to soap operas made by Asian countries (mostly Korea, China, Japan, Taiwan) that are televised usually with romance/love as their focal point. I also love watching this type of shows depending on the story.

Here's my list of The Best Asianovelas:

1. Jewel In The Palace - Beauty with substance! Words to describe Dae Jang Geum (Lee Young-Ae) in this telenovela based on Korean history. I highly recommend it to all ages, not only for those who loves cooking and medicine, you will definitely learn a lot from this masterpiece. You can have additional knowledge in Korean cuisine & even medicine but most importantly, the attitude of Jang Geum as a determined, persevering, knowledgable & kind-hearted servant of the palace is a good epitome of a lady which is already very rare in our time. All in one story and character!

2. Lovers In Paris - I found uniqueness and spontaneity in the rich-versus-poor love story of Tae-Young and Ki-Joo. Excellent storyline with fine script, characters (all of them actually!) have superb performances including the lovely scenes from Paris definitely make this Asianovela a remarkable and must-see Asian soap with no "kabaduyan" and not being cheesy!

3. Love Story In Harvard - It was quite entertaining for me at first 'coz I love watching films/programs with an academic touch especially having classroom and dormitory scenes but as the story progresses the level of drama & storyline also shoots up. After the Harvard years as they become grown-ups, complications and conflicts also took place that added up a spice in the story, not just your ordinary show. It also ended up in a they-lived-happily-ever-after kind of thing unlike some romance stories with tragic endings.

The rest are:

4. All About Eve
5. Endless Love 1 - Autumn In My Heart
6. Jumong
7. War Of Money
8. Over The Green Fields
9. A Rosy Life
10. Irene
11. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon
12. Love Of The Condor Heroes
13. Couple Or Trouble
14. Dalja's Spring
15. Coffee Prince

I just noticed, Koreans are very good actors and actresses huh?!

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love Story in Harvard fav ko! supaaahh *kilig*..hihi

Anonymous said...

ah okie, tnx 4 ur comment ize!take care!may replay nga love story in Harvard s qtv 11


yhel

Anonymous said...

ah okie, tnx 4 ur comment ize!take care!may replay nga love story in Harvard s qtv 11

Anonymous said...

"My Name is Kim Sam Soon". I have seen this in one of the channels here where they show korean programs. It has english subtitles otherwise I wouldn't understand it. The story caught my attention and couldn't stop watching it. I just realized I was excitedly waiting for it every week! I wish they will show it again. I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Really Tita? So Koreanovelas have reached the United States huh?

I also love My Name is Kim Sam Soon because of its humor and orientations about making pastries (I love watching cooking shows ya know?)

It was aired in GMA 7 here in the Philippines and got high ratings in the primetime block. Filipinos were also entertained by the program.